SUPERIOR BY DESIGN
Watch our video detailing all the patented advantages of a Custom-Built Calmer Corn Head.
We know they’re the best, that’s why we run them on our own farms.
Why Calmer Built?
Equipped with Calmer’s entire line of patented residue management components, a custom-built Calmer Corn Head is culmination of decades worth of rigorous field testing and innovation. From the frame up, your corn head will be equipped with state-of-the-art parts to tackle the toughest of crop conditions while making you more money in the process.
Meet the men who will
make your new corn head!
BT Chopper® Stalk Rolls
The World’s Only All-Weather Stalk Rolls™, Calmer BT Choppers® cut, chop, and shear cornstalks into confetti-like pieces for superior residue management capabilities.
MULTI-ZONE beveled stripper PLATES
The unique design of our stripper plates reduces kernel loss and ear wedging and allows our patented BT Chopper® stalk rolls to engage more corn leaves, shanks and husks in order to reduce trash intake and minimize horsepower requirements.
Trash Reducing sprockets
Calmer’s patented 6-Tooth Drive Sprocket synchronizes gathering chains with stalk rolls to reduce trash intake into the combine. Calmer’s oversized 9-Tooth Idler Sprocket is solid-steel with a replaceable bearing for longer wear life and improved conveying ability of material in adverse crop conditions.
Our patented single chain design in combination with our low profile, super short poly hoods and dividers result in one of the lightest row units in the industry. Calmer’s Ultra High Molecular Wright (UHMW) ear guide forms a retaining wall to maintain engagement of the ears with the over-sized gathering chain paddles. This design also decreases maintenance by eliminating half of the parts vs. dual chain heads.
Calmer Corn Heads are realigned to allow superior material flow from the tray to the feeder house, reducing ear toss and allowing for maximum flow in high yielding and high-speed harvest conditions.
high-profile, shorter snouts
Among the shortest on the market, our high-profile snouts make it easy to maneuver through narrow rows and around tight contoured areas.
Oversized Cross Auger
We install an 18-inch cross auger on all custom-built corn heads. The 26-inch pitch on this oversized cross auger conveys material in the tray at the right speed to ensure an efficient handoff to the feeder house. We strategically adjust the auger to have a 1 3/4″ clearance between the flighting and the tray to reduce ear slicing and kernel damage.
CALMER CORN HEAD USERS
MADE TO ORDER
Largest Head Ever Produced
32-Row, 15-inch corn head
CALMER BUILT Corn Heads
- Faster harvesting speeds
- Superior stalk chop
- Less butt shelling
- Less moving parts
- Less weight
- Lower maintenance requirements
- Less trash intake in both standing and down corn
- Increased gathering chain life
- Warmer soils
- Drier soils
- Less horsepower requirements
- Less grain loss
- Less fuel needed
- More bushels per acre harvested per day
Maximize Your Profit Potential with Calmer Custom-Built Corn Heads!
Call us today at (309) 629-9000 to get a quote on building a new Calmer Corn Head or click here to see our inventory of certified reconditioned Calmer Corn Heads for purchase or rental!
- 12″, 15″, 20″, 22″, 24″ and 30″ row spacing
- Factory paint to match your combine
- Any color poly deck covers, dividers and wear points to match your combine
- Calmer BT Chopper® Stalk Rolls
- Calmer Multi-Zone Beveled Stripper Plates for unrivaled husking and leaf ejection
- Stainless steel back wall, tray, and auger stripper
- Single- or dual-chrome pin gathering chains
- Calmer’s patented 6-Tooth trash reducing drive sprockets for superior stalk ejection
- Outer row strippers offset ¼-inch for reducing ear loss over the end divider
- Calmer realignment package for ear toss reduction and maximum horizontal flow rates
- Cross auger with 18-inch diameter and 26-inch pitch
- Cross auger adjusted with 1 ¾-inch clearance for reduced ear slicing and cracked kernels
- John Deere gathering chain tighteners
- High-performance gathering chain with tall 2.25″ x 2.5″ nylon paddles
- Oil bath with 80H heavy chain and 1 ¼-inch heavy duty driveline
- Telescoping PTO shafts
- Automatic header height control
- One year parts/labor warranty
- Stubble lights
- Field tracker/Contour Master™
- Row Sense (Auto Guidance)